PEKIN, Ill. (AP) - Federal workplace safety officials will investigate the death of an East Peoria man who died after he was electrocuted while working on a utility pole.
The Pekin Daily Times reports (http://bit.ly/NzjwBp ) the 35-year-old man was working for an Ameren Illinois contractor when he was killed Tuesday in Pekin.
A spokeswoman for Ameren Illinois says Ryan-Michael Regan worked for J.F. Electric Inc. of Edwardsville, which had been contracted to do work on utility poles.
Ameren spokeswoman Stacy Shangraw says the company still isn't sure what happened, but is working with investigators from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Pekin is about 10 miles south of Peoria.
Information from: Pekin Daily Times, http://www.pekintimes.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.