UPDATE: The Red Cross says multiple families lived in the complex, they are currently assisting them with food, shelter, and clothing.
A Davenport garage catches on fire and residents go scrambling for their safety. It all happened a little before 8:30 p.m. in the 3500 block of Heatherton drive.
The daughter of one of the residents spoke to CBS 4 and explains it was a scary sight for her and her family.
"We looked down - smoke started really under the garage door - and the whole thing lifted up with fire and it was like boom!," exclaims Kisha Miller, who called 911. "When we saw that, we ran even further from there."
Everyone was able to make it out of the duplex okay. Officials say they are still investigating what started the fire.
By: Christine Souders email@example.com An Iowa State Trooper has gone above and beyond the call of duty to save a man's life. During a welfare check November 26th, the trooper found the man underMore >>
Many homeless people in the Quad Cities are spending winter nights outside in the cold.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny firstname.lastname@example.org A first time gala for a very good cause. Thursday night was a semi–formal gala for SAAM, or sexual abuse against minors. Enjoying drinks, food, and music, peopleMore >>
By: Kyle Kiel email@example.com It's being called one of the largest investments in Quad Cities history, Genesis Medical Center will be renovating and expanding its East Campus. But, it's not onlyMore >>
Genesis Health System announced the construction and renovation of it's East Rusholme Street in Davenport. With hundreds of construction and trade jobs coming throughout the four year project, businesses nearby are looking forward to more customers.More >>