Augustana students got their hands dirty today for a good
They helped get two community gardens ready for planting in Rock
Island, one on 12th avenue, the other on 9th street.
It's part of a social justice event at the college called
The gardens help promote healthy food in urban, low income
Augie students say it's their duty to help out.
"As a college we are a part of the community. So it's important that we take the time to
kind of engage and interact with the community and I think this is probably one
of our better ways of doing it," said senior at Augustana College, Emily
Organizers said thanks to the student's help, they'll be
able to start planting soon.
By Roland Glembine / firstname.lastname@example.org you can help make a difference in a quad city senior's life this holiday season it's called the: 'be a santa to a senior program', and it's as simple as stoppingMore >>
You can help make a difference in a quad city senior's life this holiday season.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny email@example.com Saturday was the last day for families to sign up for Toys for Tots. Registration was down last week, but organizers said they have almost caught up. At theMore >>
Saturday was the last day for families to sign up for Toys for Tots.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny firstname.lastname@example.org A local barber has made his own tribute to Nelson Mandela. This past spring we showed you the story of Miguel Rosas, owner of The New Style Barber Shop in Moline. ThursdayMore >>
A local barber has made his own tribute to Nelson Mandela.
By CBS 4 Newsroom email@example.com Quad Citians got into the holiday mood in Rock Island's district Friday night. People from all over supported local artists during the holiday gallery hop. TheMore >>
Quad Citians got into the holiday mood in Rock Island's district Friday night.
By: Christine Souders firstname.lastname@example.org Carbon monoxide is known as a silent killer. You could breathe in this poisonous gas by just using your furnace. Heating contractors said sometimes an oldMore >>
You could breathe in this poisonous gas by just using your furnace.More >>