Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 9 hours
• 4-1/2 cups water
• 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
• 3 Tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
• 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4 cups carrots, peeled, cut on sharp diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick ovals (about 11 cups)
• 3 Tablespoons sugar
• 6 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
• Touch of cinnamon
1. Combine 4 1/2 cups water, carrots, 4 tablespoons butter, sugar, and coarse salt in heavy large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are just tender when pierced with knife, about 10 minutes. Drain. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
2. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add maple syrup and brown sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Add carrots and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer carrots to large bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2