(AP) _ The Iowa Senate has approved legislation that would require schools to test for radon.
Lawmakers approved the measure 37-13 Wednesday with bipartisan support. It now heads to the House.
The bill would require public and private schools to test for the gas and install a system to expel it from buildings. It also would require residential construction companies to install pipes to mitigate the colorless and odorless gas in new homes built after Jan. 1, 2015. The EPA says Iowa's 99 counties are in the agency's highest risk zone for gas exposure, which leaks through cracks in building foundations. The EPA says it is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S.
By Roland Glembine / firstname.lastname@example.org you can help make a difference in a quad city senior's life this holiday season it's called the: 'be a santa to a senior program', and it's as simple as stoppingMore >>
You can help make a difference in a quad city senior's life this holiday season.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny email@example.com Saturday was the last day for families to sign up for Toys for Tots. Registration was down last week, but organizers said they have almost caught up. At theMore >>
Saturday was the last day for families to sign up for Toys for Tots.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny firstname.lastname@example.org A local barber has made his own tribute to Nelson Mandela. This past spring we showed you the story of Miguel Rosas, owner of The New Style Barber Shop in Moline. ThursdayMore >>
A local barber has made his own tribute to Nelson Mandela.
By CBS 4 Newsroom email@example.com Quad Citians got into the holiday mood in Rock Island's district Friday night. People from all over supported local artists during the holiday gallery hop. TheMore >>
Quad Citians got into the holiday mood in Rock Island's district Friday night.
By: Christine Souders firstname.lastname@example.org Carbon monoxide is known as a silent killer. You could breathe in this poisonous gas by just using your furnace. Heating contractors said sometimes an oldMore >>
You could breathe in this poisonous gas by just using your furnace.More >>