(AP) A 27-year-old Oskaloosa man has been given life in prison for killing his mother's boyfriend.
Bradley Arterburn was sentenced on Monday in Mahaska County District Court for the murder of Robert "Hank'' Horovitz.
Arterburn was convicted in October of first-degree murder, which carries a mandatory life sentence. Prosecutors say Arterburn used a battle ax and a knife to kill the 58-year-old Horovitz, of Davenport, on June 19, 2011, at the home Arterburn shared with his mother.
Prosecutors said in opening trial statements that Arterburn said Horovitz reminded him of an abusive stepfather. Arterburn had asked to be found not guilty by reason of insanity.
By Roland Glembine / firstname.lastname@example.org you can help make a difference in a quad city senior's life this holiday season it's called the: 'be a santa to a senior program', and it's as simple as stoppingMore >>
You can help make a difference in a quad city senior's life this holiday season.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny email@example.com Saturday was the last day for families to sign up for Toys for Tots. Registration was down last week, but organizers said they have almost caught up. At theMore >>
Saturday was the last day for families to sign up for Toys for Tots.More >>
By Natalie Zarowny firstname.lastname@example.org A local barber has made his own tribute to Nelson Mandela. This past spring we showed you the story of Miguel Rosas, owner of The New Style Barber Shop in Moline. ThursdayMore >>
A local barber has made his own tribute to Nelson Mandela.
By CBS 4 Newsroom email@example.com Quad Citians got into the holiday mood in Rock Island's district Friday night. People from all over supported local artists during the holiday gallery hop. TheMore >>
Quad Citians got into the holiday mood in Rock Island's district Friday night.
By: Christine Souders firstname.lastname@example.org Carbon monoxide is known as a silent killer. You could breathe in this poisonous gas by just using your furnace. Heating contractors said sometimes an oldMore >>
You could breathe in this poisonous gas by just using your furnace.More >>