By: CBS 4 Newsroom
For the second time on Monday, the Red Cross is helping a family after their home catches fire.
This one happened in Davenport, just after 8 PM. Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen on the second floor of a duplex in the 1200 Block of West 5th Street.
When they got there, smoke was billowing out of the building.
The people living on the first floor got out safely, there was no one upstairs. Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly. They are still trying to figure out what started it.