Recipe for Beer Marinated Chicken:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes (plus marinating time)
2 Tablespoons German mustard, preferably Düsseldorf–style
1 bottle dark beer (reserve 2 Tablespoons for beer mustard sauce)
¼ cup lemon juice
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground thyme
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Beer mustard sauce)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, beer, lemon juice garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme.
2. Add chicken and place covered in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours to marinade.
3. Drain chicken from the marinade.
4. In a hot sauté pan over high heat, brown the chicken thighs on both sides. Place the sauté pan (if oven–safe. If not, transfer chicken breasts to a baking sheet) in a 375° F oven for about 15 minutes. The chicken is done when it registers 165° F on an instant read thermometer.
5. Serve the cooked chicken with sauerkraut and beer mustard sauce.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2