By: Jillian Wilson
A burn pile, left unattended caused an Eldridge shed to burn down.
Firefighters got the call around 3 this afternoon.
Eldridge and Davenport crews quickly put the fire out before it could spread to a nearby home.
"Evidently the wind got a hold of it, and there was nobody home at the time. I think a passerby saw that the shed was on fire, and called it in," said Mark Schmidt, of the Eldridge Fire Department.
Crews say a second shed and a trailer with a race car inside also have minor damage.