Recipe for Rhubarb Compote:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 ½ cups sugar
3/4 cup water
Zest of one orange
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine sugar, water, orange zest, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and add rhubarb. Return to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Continue cooking until rhubarb is just tender.
- Smash with a potato masher.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream with whipped cream.
- Serve over pound cake with sliced strawberries.
- Serve over morning pancakes
- Serve as it along with berries.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2