Recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1/3 lb. pancetta or bacon, cut into ¼-inch pieces
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 minced garlic clove
¼ cup dry white wine
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup Parmesan, grated
1 ½ Tablespoons chopped parsley
Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
1 lb. spaghetti
- Heat oil in a small sauté pan until hot.
- Add pancetta/bacon and cook until it begins to crisp. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is cooked.
- Add white wine, reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, parmesan and parsley. Reserve.
- Cook pasta in boiling water. When cooked al dente, strain and immediately mix with the egg mixture.
- Add the still warm pancetta mixture (can be rewarmed if it has cooled off) and mix. (If the eggs seem under cooked, the spaghetti can be lightly tossed over a moderate flame until the eggs are sufficiently cooked.) Season with black pepper and serve.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2