Recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Pot de Crème:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (best quality), chopped
7 egg yolks
¼ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons Framboise liqueur
1 ½ cups half and half
1 cup whole milk
sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place empty ramekins or custard cups into a baking pan at least 2 inches deep.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and framboise until the mixture thickens slightly.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the heavy cream and milk to boil. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Mix until all the chocolate pieces have melted.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Ladle chocolate mixture into the ramekins.
- Place baking pan into preheated oven on the middle rack. Fill the pan with hot water until the water reaches ½ way up on the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until the pot de crème solidify around the edges but the centers still move slightly. Remove from oven. Carefully remove the ramekins from water bath and place on a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Place in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap. These pot de crèmes can be made several days in advance.
- When ready to serve, decorate with fresh raspberries and a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2