Recipe for Potato Omelet:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 ¼ pounds cooked Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a 10" wide (preferably non-stick) sauté pan, heat olive oil over moderate heat. Add garlic and cook just until the garlic is fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add cooked potatoes, salt and pepper. Continue cooking over moderate heat until the potatoes are completely hot and starting to brown. This will take 10-15 minutes. Occasionally stir the potatoes with a rubber spatula, being careful not to break up the potatoes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the eggs into the sauté pan over the potatoes. Gently stir to make sure that the eggs mix evenly with the potatoes. Reduce heat to low and cover the sauté pan.
- After 5-6 minutes, the omelet will start to solidify. Place a plate or non-rimmed baking sheet or large plate on top of the pan. Holding the plate or baking sheet tight against the top of the sauté pan, flip the omelet out of the pan and onto the plate or baking sheet. Then slide the omelet back into the sauté pan so that the cooked side is now facing up.
- Place the covered sauté pan back onto the low heat. Cook for another 5 minutes. Slide onto a serving plate. You can drizzle additional olive oil on top of the omelet just before serving.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2