Recipe for Baked Stuffed Apples:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
4 Braeburn apples
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup chopped dried fruits and nuts
¾ cup apple cider
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
Premium vanilla ice cream
- Trim a 1/4" off the top of each apple.
- With a melon baller, scoop out the core and seeds of the apples leaving the bottom intact.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of butter in the bottom of each apple.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Combine with dried fruits and nuts. Fill apples with this mixture by packing it tightly into the apples. Reserve any of the mixture that does not fit into the apples.
- Place apples into a deep 8 X 8 microwave safe dish. Sprinkle remaining dried fruit and nut mixture around the apples. Pour the apple cider over the apples, then drizzle on the maple syrup.
- Place the dish into the microwave, cover with another inverted 8 x 8 microwave safe dish, and cook on high for 8 – 12 minutes or until the apples are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Place an apple in a serving bowl. Ladle juices around the apple. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Click here for more recipes from Let's Dish, only on The Live Well Network, WHBF 4.2